Friday, March 16, 2007

REALLY!! ...It IS a Small World!

Fifty-Four Years Ago...




Tom Davis (3rd from left, top row) and Walter Reitz, (directing) both now in their 80's performed with my mother in this 1953 edition of the Amherst Male Glee Club Show. Actually, I should say, my mother performed with them!! Anyway, this coming week will be the 59th year of continuous production of the Amherst Male Glee Club, under the direction of its founder, Walter E. Reitz!
The accompanying clipping explains a bit about the show that year.

My mother passed away November 2005, which also happened to be the same day Walter Reitz transferred ownership of his summer cabin to me. ..What comes around, goes around I guess!

For those of you reading this blog who happen to be BOSTON Shipmates, that is as long as the service life of the hull of the old Protected Cruiser BOSTON under its two names!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger bostonray said...

Someday the "old guy" in the picture will be you!

March 17, 2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

No, she was primarily an artist. I think she mentioned that she did set designs at least once, but she did not mention any guest performances.

March 20, 2007 11:30 AM  
Blogger Chuck Pettis said...

My dad, Bud Pettis is at the extremem right of the front row, to Walter's right.

When's the show in 2008? I'd like to attend

Chuck Pettis
Roswell, Georgia

May 30, 2007 9:22 AM  
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

Chuck,

The date has not been set yet since we are at the mercy of the Amherst High School's schedule. Typically, it is the 3rd week in March though. this will be the 60th year of the Show under Walter's direction!

May 30, 2007 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home