Monday, March 27, 2006

Life Finally Settles Down to "Normal"


So much work, so much energy spent putting on a show, then Sunday afternoon we spent breaking-down the scenery and the stage that it will seem somehow uneventful this week. Saturday nights performance went so well, that it's a shame that after three nights we call it quits, because we have by that time our timing so finely honed and are moves on stage are so precise that in my opinion we could do another show easily. I have been lobbying for us to do two shows on Saturday; a matinee followed by an evening performance but I have received some resistance because some of the guys might not have the endurance for two shows a day. It costs the Glee Club over $40,000 to put on a show, most of that is in non-reoccurring costs so to add one more show would really be at minimial expense. last year we went into some debt and have been working hard at trying to cut costs in order to recover from that. unfortunately, the added burden is placed upon the members, especially when we end up traveling out-of-state to participate in various singing functions, last year's trip to Grand Rapids, MI was a good example of that.

Anyway, once again, we "WOW"ed them with a spectacular performance, each night!

6 Comments:

Blogger bostonray said...

Het,wait a miniute,did you say GR Mich? I don't remember your group being in town!I know what you mean after 2-3 shows its like falling off a log,you just get better!

March 27, 2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger bostonray said...

Bruce,I never did see you in the kilt...wassa story?

March 27, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

I gotta get a hold of some of those kilt pictures! All of the posted pictures posted thus far were either taken by me, or with my digital camera close at-hand. I am hoping that someone will either email me a few or provide copies when the group gets together next Thursday.

Then again, I had the dancers all drooling over me, in fact, that strawberry blonde with the 36DD's went and gave yours truly a suprise smooch right on the lips during Saturday night's performance, on stage during one of our numbers!

What can I say, when you got it, you got it! [grin]

...I guess, I still got it, huh?

March 27, 2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

The "spelling test" is to befuddle" these automatic spamming programs from placing entries on this blog!

March 27, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger bostonray said...

Well,they worked on Wes TOO! He is trying to figure what planet that language is from...HEE HEE
It does look like screwing an octopus now that you think about it..and being a bubblehead,well,you never know.

March 27, 2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger bostonray said...

how about that one..wezzsucks?

March 28, 2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home