Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Newly discovered Photo of CAG-1 (in 1956)

You know, I come across the most interesting people when i go out to jog at 5AM each morning. One retired couple who I walk with after my run were discussing what we were doing this summer and I mentioned that I just got back from a USS BOSTON reunion. This fellow was in the Marines and said that one day he pulled out his camera and snapped this shot above. Others had their cameras confiscated as they took their picture, but he slipped his into his shirt, thus the image was saved! Now, after over 50 years it can finally be seen by BOSTON Shipmates!

3 Comments:

Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

...pseudo ship, eh?
I'll tell you this; if that "pseudo ship" was cruising around underwater while you were bobbing around the surface and he were your enemy, you had better be nervous, because he could sink you before you knew what hit you!

lol!!!

July 19, 2006 7:28 PM  
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

...BTW: the photo was taken in Norfolk, VA in 1956

July 19, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger bostonray said...

I was aboard in 1961,in 1956,I was in the 6th or 7th grade! The 703 was just a twinkle in the "big" Boston's eye.

July 19, 2006 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home