Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mid-Week Blues! ...or a Bicyclers Lament?

Well, I'm not doin' wheel-well today because I went to replace the rear wheel rim only to find that the rim the bike shop sold me is too small! damn it! I took the thing back, after already removing old rim, tire and inner tube only to find that he has to order one from the supplier because he is out-of-stock! So, training is on hold for the next week or so until I get a new wheel rim for my relic-of-the-past 10-speed!

"...So, how do I get these gears off anyways?" I asked. It seems that they have a specialized tool to remove that rear gear set, but they don't tell you that when you buy the rim either!

Now, since I am still looking for a new bicycle, this just might be the nail that seals the coffin on my "Mean, Lime-Green, Two-Wheeled Ridin' Machine" for a while.

...I'll keep you posted!

4 Comments:

Blogger bostonray said...

All right who put the picture of Wes on my Blog? or is it blig?

April 12, 2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger bostonray said...

Or is it who put the pig on my blig?

April 13, 2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

Well, I've already had my 2.0 kids per household. Any more then that will just cramp my style, so maybe riding around on two-wheels will do me a favor especially with all those women begging to see what's worn under my kilt! ;-)

April 14, 2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

Not to worry, my legs are large enough from all the running I do, my worry if if my knees will hold out.

April 14, 2006 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home