Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Another Christmas Story!

The fragrant evergreen needles,

Digging deep into my skin,

My gloves only protect my hands,

On my wrists, branches tearing at the skin,

Poking at my face,










Or jabbing at my chin,

Wrestling through the doorway,

"I'll get this DAMN thing in!",

I place the cold, snowy tree of pine,

Upon the stand of pressed,

Brightly painted, sheet metal,

With a reassuring thud, I know,

Again, I missed,

...And hit the floor,











Another dent,

To remind me of Christmas,

Now the tree, proudly seated,

Upon its' flimsy stand,

To be adorned with lights, and ornaments,

"I'll make her look just GRAND!"

Lights upon her gracious branches,



The twinkle in the children’s eyes,

Do not reflect the seasons meaning,

Dimmed by the lights, `tis no surprise,

Yet still, we follow folly,

With all this mistletoe, and holly,

If we forget the seasons' worth,

Of Christmas time, and Jesus' birth.

1 Comments:

Blogger ex-nuke bubblehead said...

You either have too much time on your hands, or watch way too much daytime TV!

December 20, 2006 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home